Drawing upon his diverse work experience, Mr. Callo has a comprehensive understanding of and appreciation for scientific innovation. This passion for innovation motivates his work as a litigator at Haug Partners.
Alexander Callo is an associate at the New York office of Haug Partners LLP where his practice primarily focuses on pharmaceutical patent litigation under the Hatch-Waxman Act. Mr. Callo also has experience in litigations regarding certain antitrust issues, and has consulted clients regarding FDA regulatory matters. With experiences at a biomedical research lab, Virginia Tech’s technology transfer center, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Callo has a thorough and well-rounded understanding of the inventive process. Mr. Callo holds bachelor's degrees in Biological Sciences and in Biochemistry from Virginia Tech, and graduated from The George Washington University Law School, where he concentrated in patent law.
- Kurz, Rich, and Alexander Callo. “Federal Circuit Reverses ‘Inherency’ Obviousness Ruling in Hatch-Waxman Lawsuit.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 19 July 2017, www.haugpartners.com/article/federal-circuit-reverses-inherency-obviousness-ruling-in-hatch-waxman-lawsuit/.
- Kurz, Rich, and Alexander Callo. “PTAB Grants Motion to Amend Claims in an IPR in Valeo v. Schaeffler.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 23 June 2017, www.haugpartners.com/article/ptab-grants-motion-to-amend-claims-in-an-ipr-in-valeo-v-schaeffler/.
- Kurz, Rich, and Alexander Callo. “Federal Circuit: Claims Reciting a Term of Degree Found Not Indefinite in One-E-Way.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 16 June 2017, www.haugpartners.com/article/federal-circuit-claims-reciting-a-term-of-degree-found-not-indefinite-in-one-e-way/.
- Kurz, Rich, and Alexander Callo. “Federal Circuit Interprets the Post-AIA On-Sale Bar.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 4 May 2017, www.haugpartners.com/article/federal-circuit-interprets-the-post-aia-on-sale-bar/.
- Kurz, Rich, and Alexander Callo . “Calculating Lost Profits in Patent Infringement Cases.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 20 Mar. 2017, www.haugpartners.com/article/calculating-lost-profits-in-patent-infringement-cases/.
- Callo, Alexander. “PTO Publishes Proposed Rule Regarding Patent Agent Privilege.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 21 Oct. 2016, www.haugpartners.com/article/pto-publishes-proposed-rule-regarding-patent-agent-privilege/.
- Giove, Nick, and Alexander Callo. “Federal Circuit Clarifies Scope of 35 U.S.C. § 314(d) Post-Cuozzo.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 21 Oct. 2016, www.haugpartners.com/article/the-federal-circuit-clarifies-scope-of-35-u-s-c-%c2%a7-314d-post-cuozzo/.
- George Washington University Law School, (J.D., 2016)
- American University, Washington College of Law
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), B.S. Biochemistry, B.S. Biological Sciences (Dual Degree)
- District Court for the District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association