Andrew Wasson Partner
Having grown up with a father who is a patent lawyer, Mr. Wasson has been involved in patents in one way or another for the better part of his life
Andrew Wasson is a partner in the New York office of Haug Partners.. Andrew has a broad range of experience in both the brand and generic side of pharmaceuticals, especially with respect to issues involving intellectual property law and regulatory law. Having grown up with a father who is a patent lawyer, Mr. Wasson has been involved in patents in one way or another for the better part of his life and has the advantage of being able to deal with complex patent law concepts in a very natural way. Mr. Wasson is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and has published extensively in both scientific and legal literature. Mr. Wasson also serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for FDLI's Update Magazine.
- Revisiting the Debate on an Orange Book for the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act, FOOD AND DRUG LAW INSTITUTE UPDATE 48 (July/August 2011)
- Should FDA Undertake More than a “Ministerial” Role with respect to Patent Information, 1(4) FDLI’S FOOD AND DRUG POLICY FORUM (February 23, 2011) (with Brian J. Malkin)
- Disentangling Biobetters under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2009, FOOD AND DRUG LAW INSTITUTE UPDATE 60 (January/February 2011) (with Brian J. Malkin)
- Biosimilars Are a Reality: Key Features of the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act, FOOD AND DRUG LAW INSTITUTE UPDATE 6 (May/June 2010) (with Brian J. Malkin)
- Kokona et al., Probing the Oligomeric Assemblies of Pea Porphobilinogen Synthase by Analytical Ultracentrifugation, 47(40) BIOCHEMISTRY 10649 (Oct. 2009) (co-author)
- Taking Biologics for Granted? Takings, Trade Secrets, and Off-Patent Biological Products, 2005 DUKE L. & TECH. REV. 0004 (2005)
- Protecting the Next Small Thing: Nanotechnology and the Reverse Doctrine of Equivalents, 2004 DUKE L. & TECH. REV. 0010 (2004)
- A Reflection on Rulemaking: The Rule 11 Experience, 37 LOY. LA. L. REV. 563 (2004) (with Professor Paul D. Carrington)
- Breinig et al., Control of Tetrapyrrole Biosynthesis by Alternate Quaternary Forms of Porphobilinogen Synthase, 10 NAT. STRUCT. BIOL. 757 (Sept. 2003) (co-author)
- Aligning IP Protection and Regulatory Compliance with the Product Development Cycle, Medical Devices Summit 2016, Boston MA (Feb. 10, 2016).
- Fundamentals of FDA Regulatory Law, American Conference Institute, FDA Boot Camp, Boston MA (Sept. 29, 2015).
- Third Party IP: Preserving Freedom to Operate, Food and Drug Law Institute, Intellectual Property Throughout the Drug Development Lifecycle, Washington D.C. (July 7, 2012).
- First-filed Generic Exclusivity and Forfeiture Thereof, New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association, 25th Annual Pharmaceutical / Chemical Patent Practice Update, New Brunswick, NJ (Dec. 7, 2011).
- SuperLawyers® Metro Edition, 2013-2016 Rising Stars
- Haverford College, (B.A., Biology, 2002)
- Duke University School of Law, (J.D./M.A., 2005)
- Intellectual Property Enforcement
- Intellectual Property Procurement and Strategy
- FDA Compliance and Counseling
- New York
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Chemical Society