Rob Colletti Partner
Mr. Colletti is a litigator and IP strategist with experience in numerous forums representing a wide array of companies in the technology, automotive, life science, and consumer product fields.
Rob Colletti is a partner in the firm’s New York office. He has extensive experience in all aspects of patent counseling and litigation. For over 15 years, Mr. Colletti has represented individual inventors, financial institutions, and companies that range from startups to large corporations regarding their IP business strategies. He has litigated Hatch-Waxman and traditional patent infringement actions before federal district and appellate courts, as well as the International Trade Commission. Mr. Colletti’s experience includes representing clients in a wide variety of technologies including life sciences, manufacturing, electronic technologies, and consumer products.
- Watson v. Barr, No. 08-793 (D.Del.)
- Forest Laboratories v. Genpharm, No. 08-444 (E.D.N.Y.)
- SmithKline Beecham Corp. v. Alphapharm, No. 01-1027 (E.D.Pa.)
- In the matter of Certain Hybrid Electric Vehicles, United States International Trade Commission (Investigation No. 337-TA-998)
- In the matter of Certain Cases for Portable Electronic Devices, United States International Trade Commission (Investigation Nos. 337-TA-861/867)
- In the matter of Certain Protective Cases for Electronic Devices and Components Thereof, United States International Trade Commission (Investigation No. 337-TA-955)
- Dey, L.P. et al. v. Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc., No. 07-2352, ( S.D.N.Y.) No. 12-1428 (Fed. Cir.)
- Dey, L.P. et al. v. Teva Parental Medicines, Inc. et al., No. 09-008 (W.Va.)
- SmithKline Beecham Corp. v. Pentech Pharmaceuticals, No. 00-5831, (N.D.Ill.)
- Novartis v. Mylan, No. 09-3604 (D. N. J.)
- Tegal Corp. v. Tokyo Electron Ltd., Nos. 01-1019, 01-1020 (Fed. Cir.)
- Tegal Corp. v. Tokyo Electron Ltd., Nos. 00-1009, 00-1209, 00-1307 (Fed. Cir.)
- Tegal Corp. v. Tokyo Electron Ltd., No. 99-432 (E.D.Va)
- Shire Laboratories Inc. v. Corepharma, LLC, No. 06-2266 (D.N.J.)
- UCB Pharma, inc. v. Mylan laboratories, Inc., No. 04-683 (N.D.Ga.)
- Daniel G. Worley Jr. & Robert E. Colletti, BPCIA Turns Six Years Old: Where Are We Now?, 14 PHARM. L. & INDUS. REP. (BNA) 16, at 562–79 (Apr. 15, 2016).
- Daniel G. Worley Jr. & Robert E. Colletti, BPCIA Primer: A Review of the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act in Anticipation of SCOTUS Review in Amgen v. Sandoz, 14 PHARM. L. & INDUS. REP. (BNA) 7, at 220–31 (Feb. 12, 2016).
- Co-Author, "Federal Circuit Confirms the Laches Doctrine as a Viable Defense in Patent Infringement Actions" Mondaq 2015
- Co-Author, "Why does e-business need IP?" Building and Enforcing Intellectual Property Value, an International Guide for the Boardroom, Global White Page 2004
- New York Law Journal In-House CLE Seminar (presenter), “Current Hot News in the IP Industry: Venue, Trade-Secrets and On-Sale Bar,” the Yale Club of New York, May 20, 2016.
- SuperLawyers® New York Metro 2013-present
- Top Attorneys in New York - 2014
- Manhattan College, (B.S.E.E., 1991)
- Pace University, (J.D., 1998)
- Intellectual Property Enforcement
- Intellectual Property Procurement and Strategy
- International Trade Commission
- Investigation, Compliance, and Risk Mitigation Services
- Licensing and Transactions
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association