David has experience advising pharmaceutical and biotech companies, from start-ups to large multinationals, in every manner agreement and is able to meld the business, scientific, patent and regulatory issues that those companies face into a cohesive strategy for each of his client’s business relationships.
David Herman is a Partner at Haug Partners, where he heads the firm’s Transactional and Licensing practice group. A specialist in the patent law, and regulatory issues related to the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries, Mr. Herman possesses a nuanced grasp of the path of the various issues involved in any agreement. His due diligence work, in close conjunction with the firm’s Life Sciences practice group, emphasizes drafting and negotiating skills and demonstrates a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries, and others. He also possesses extensive experience in Hatch Waxman settlement agreements, and is the firm’s expert in this area.
- Associate Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Economic Law
- "Your Licensing Meeting is Approaching: How to Prepare and Maximize Your Time from a Licensor's Perspective", NewYorkBIO, New York, NY, May 11, 2017
- Yeshiva University, (B.A., Biology, 1999)
- Columbia University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, (M.A., Genetics and Development, 2000)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Law, (J.D., 2004)
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association