I draw on my scientific training to understand patented technologies and to craft stories that resonate at trial and ensure the best outcome for our clients.
Jason Kanter works in the New York office of Haug Partners and is an experienced trial attorney who has represented clients in litigations at the both district-court level and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. His practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, counseling, and opinion work. With a deep background in the life sciences, Mr. Kanter has a particular expertise in the intersection of science and law and how scientific and technical issues impact a client’s case. Mr. Kanter is also a patent agent and is part of the firm’s patent prosecution practice. With an award winning education, Mr. Kanter thrives in the firm’s entrepreneurial environment that calls on all employees to leverage their unique skills and expertise for the full benefit if its clients.
- The Medicines Company v. Hospira, Inc., 14-1469 (Fed. Cir.) (en banc)
- The Medicines Company v. Mylan, Inc., et al., 15-1113 (Fed. Cir.)
- Shire Development, LLC. v. Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., et al., 12-60862 (S.D. Fla.)
- The Medicines Company v. Mylan Inc. et al., 11-1285 (N.D. Ill.)
- The Medicines Company v. Teva Parenteral Medicines, Inc., APP Pharmaceuticals, LLC, Hospira Inc. et al., 09-750 (D. Del.)
- Understanding and Incentivizing Biosimilars, 64 HASTINGS L.J. at 58-82 (Dec.2012) (with Robin Feldman).
- Executive Administrative Editor for the Hastings Science and Technology Law Journal
- Received both CALI and Witkin Awards in each of the following areas: Patent Prosecution, Patent Litigation, Food and Drug Law, and Client Counseling
- University of California, Los Angeles, 2007, B.S., Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics
- Northwestern University, McCormick School of Engineering, 2008, M.S., Biotechnology
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2012, J.D., Intellectual Property Concentration
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association