Ms. Sblendorio’s experience and knowledge in a number of diverse areas, including international law and arbitration and public interest, provides her with a unique, global perspective to address a wide variety of client needs.
Jessica Sblendorio is an associate in the New York office. Her litigation and advice practice includes representing and advising companies in the life sciences, healthcare, technology, fashion and entertainment sectors. Ms. Sblendorio’s experience includes commercial, licensing and patent litigation and trademark, trade secret, copyright and domain name enforcement.
Her experience also includes monitoring and handling disputes related to trademark infringement through Google advertising and anti-counterfeiting claims on Amazon and other retail websites. She advises clients on brand protection and contentious opposition and cancellation proceedings before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Ms. Sblendorio has litigated in federal court, the International Trade Commission (ITC), and in confidential arbitration proceedings.
Ms. Sblendorio has a long-standing interest in international arbitration, and she has written and spoken on a variety of issues impacting the international arbitration practice. She is an active member of the Women’s Bar Association, the New York Intellectual Property Law Association, the American Bar Association, and the Boston Bar Association. She also serves on the Board of Directors for the Boston International Arbitration Council.
She holds a B.A. in International Affairs and Political Science from the George Washington University. She graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law and served as the Executive Managing Editor for the National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review.
- “Cybersecurity in Arbitration,” Moderator, The CPR Institute and the Boston Bar Association, Boston, MA (September 5, 2018).
- “Privilege: Fundamentals and Strategy,” Presenter, CLE Seminar at Haug Partners LLP, New York, New York (August 2, 2018).
- “A Balancing Act: Fair Use and Creative Content,” Presenter, CLE Seminar at Haug Partners LLP, New York, New York (July 27, 2017).
- Fourth Annual Second Circuit Moot Court Argument for New York Intellectual Property Association, Moot Participant (July 18, 2017).
- “Judicial Intervention and Arbitral Awards: Expanding Human Rights Protections to International Arbitration,” Transnational Dispute Management (April 2019).
- “Caution Explicit Content Ahead: End of the Road for the Scandalous Provision?” NYIPLA The Report (Fall Issue 2018).
- “Trademark Issues Among ‘Youngtimers’: Ferrari and Testarossa,” Luxury Law Alliance (Oct. 5, 2018).
- “The Federal Circuit Holds that the Ban on Scandalous or Immoral Trademarks is Unconstitutional,” NYIPLA The Report (Winter 2017-2018).
- “Oil States Energy Services v. Greene’s Energy Group, LLC: What Patent Attorneys Need to Know,” IP Litigator, vol. 23, no. 5 (Sept./Oct. 2017).
- “Trends in Copyright Litigation for Tattoos,” IPWatchdog (Sept. 11, 2017).
- “USPTO Navigates New Territory In The Wake of Matal v. Tam,” IPWatchdog (Aug. 17, 2017).
- “Sovereign Immunity Precludes IPR Challenge to a University of Maryland Patent,” IP Litigator, vol. 23, no. 4 (July/Aug. 2017).
- “Limits of PTAB Sovereign Immunity Defense for IPRs Shown in Reactive Surfaces v. Toyota,” Lexology (July 24, 2017).
- “Supreme Court Interprets BPCIA Disclosure and Notice Provisions,” Lexology (Jun. 13, 2017).
- “A Balancing Act: Fair Use and Creative Content,” 28 NYSBA Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Journal 35, no. 2 (Summer 2017).
- “The Use of Tribunal-Appointed Experts in International Commercial Arbitration: Practical Observations and a Proposal for Ensuring Fairness,”14 Transnational Dispute Management, issue 2 (May 2017).
- "The Defend Trade Secrets Act: A Remedy Background and Implementation,” Lexology (Apr. 28, 2016).
- University of Miami School of Law, (J.D., 2015)
- George Washington University, (B.A., Political Science and International Affairs, 2010)
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York Intellectual Property Association, Trade Secret Committee and Co-Chair of Publications Committee
- American Bar Association, Women in Dispute Resolution Committee
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Boston International Arbitration Council, Treasurer and Director