Ms. Abrams’s trial and appellate experiences inform her understanding of all stages of litigation and enable her to develop pragmatic solutions tailored to the needs of each client.
Kaitlin Abrams is an associate in the New York office of Haug Partners, where her practice focuses on patent and intellectual property litigation, including pharmaceutical patent litigation under the Hatch-Waxman Act. Kaitlin has also developed experience in patent litigations related to electronic, automotive, and mechanical technologies. Kaitlin has developed in-depth experience in the analysis and preparation of patent infringement and validity opinions. Kaitlin also has had substantial involvement collaborating with fact and expert witnesses, preparing for and taking depositions, engaging in motion practice, participating in extensive fact and expert discovery processes, and preparing for and participating in all aspects of trial.
Kaitlin graduated from Notre Dame Law School and was a recipient of the 2017 American Bar Association and Bloomberg BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law. During law school, she served as President of the Women's Legal Forum and as a staff editor for the Journal of College and University Law. Kaitlin also completed a full semester externship at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Kaitlin received her B.S. from Fordham University, where she double majored in Biological Sciences and Anthropology. At Fordham, Kaitlin served as Captain of Fordham’s Division 1 Soccer team and worked as a research assistant in Fordham's Conservation Genetics Laboratory.
- CSL Behring v Shire Viropharma Inc., IPR2019-00459, Paper 8 (PTAB July 2, 2019) (institution denied)
- Baxalta Inc. and Nektar Therapeutics v. Bayer Healthcare LLC, 17-1316 (D. Del.)
- Shire Orphan Therapies LLC et al v. Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC, No. 15-cv-01102 (D. Del.)
- Bayer Healthcare LLC v. Baxalta Inc. and Nektar Therapeutics, 16-1122 (D. Del.)
- Fordham University (B.S., Biological Sciences and Anthropology, 2013)
- Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 2017)
- Registered to Practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- New York
- Eastern District of New York
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (Voting Member: Women in IP Law Committee)
- National Association of Women Lawyers (IP & Technology Practice Area Affinity Group)
- Women in IP Network (WIN)