Ms. Fowler’s technical expertise and in depth knowledge of the complex relationship between science and the law allows her to effectively address the technical and legal issues encountered by her life science clients.
Kiersten A. Fowler is an associate in the firm’s New York office, where she focuses on pharmaceutical patent litigation, patent prosecution, freedom-to-operate analyses, and IP due diligence. Prior to law school, she earned a B.S. in Biochemistry and a B.A. in Classical Studies from Seton Hall University’s highly regarded Honors Program. While at Seton Hall, Kiersten conducted inorganic chemistry research and laser light-scattering photometry research with Dr. Wyatt Murphy. She also worked as a Health and Safety Assistant, where she was responsible for laboratory safety and OSHA compliance. Kiersten graduated from Seton Hall University School of Law, where she worked as a Research Assistant to Professor David Opderbeck, Co-Director of the Gibbons Institute of Law, Science, & Technology.
- Seton Hall University, (B.S. Biochemistry & B.A. Classical Studies, 2016)
- Seton Hall University School of Law, (J.D., 2019)
- Kurz, Rich, and Kiersten Fowler. “‘Shall Be the Property’ Is Insufficient to Automatically Assign Title to an Invention in a Contract.” Haug Partners, 13 Sept. 2021, https://www.haugpartners.com/article/shall-be-the-property-is-insufficient-to-automatically-assign-title-to-an-invention-in-a-contract/.
- Murphy, Brian, and Kiersten Fowler. “Changes to the Rules of Ethics for Patent Law Practitioners.” Haug Partners, 25 Aug. 2021, https://www.haugpartners.com/article/changes-to-the-rules-of-ethics-for-patent-law-practitioners/.
- Slater, Brian V., and Kiersten Fowler. “Are Biopharma Genus Patent Claims Dead?” Haug Partners, 8 Dec. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/are-biopharma-genus-patent-claims-dead/.
- Murphy, Brian, and Kiersten Fowler. “Will the Newest American Axle Case Create a Panel-Dependent Body of Law or Provoke the Supreme Court to Take Action? How the Federal Circuit Is Handling 35 U.S.C. § 101 Judicial Exceptions.” Haug Partners, 29 Oct. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/how-the-federal-circuit-is-handling-35usc%c2%a7101-judicial-exceptions/.
- Wasson, Andrew, and Kiersten Fowler. “When the ‘States’ Come Marching-In: The Bayh-Dole Act's Effect on IP Rights of COVID-Related Patents and Knowledge Ecology International's Involvement.” Haug Partners, 15 Sept. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/when-the-states-come-marching-in-the-bayh-dole-acts-effect-on-ip-rights-of-covid-related-patents-and-knowledge-ecology-internationals-involvement/.
- Murphy, Brian, and Kiersten Fowler. “Security People, Inc. v. Iancu, 2019-2118, 2020 WL 4873762 (Fed. Cir. Aug. 20, 2020).” Haug Partners, 1 Sept. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/security-people-inc-v-iancu-2019-2118-2020-wl-4873762-fed-cir-aug-20-2020/.
- New York
- New York City Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association