Ms. Fowler’s technical expertise and in depth knowledge of the complex relationship between science and the law allows her to effectively address the technical and legal issues encountered by her life science clients.
Kiersten A. Fowler is an associate in the firm’s New York office, where she focuses on pharmaceutical patent litigation, patent prosecution, and trademark counseling. Prior to law school, she earned a B.S. in Biochemistry and a B.A. in Classical Studies from Seton Hall University’s highly regarded Honors Program. While at Seton Hall, Kiersten conducted inorganic chemistry research and laser light-scattering photometry research with Dr. Wyatt Murphy. She also worked as a Health and Safety Assistant, where she was responsible for laboratory safety and OSHA compliance. Kiersten graduated from Seton Hall University School of Law, where she worked as a Research Assistant to Professor David Opderbeck, Co-Director of the Gibbons Institute of Law, Science, & Technology.
- Seton Hall University, (B.S. Biochemistry & B.A. Classical Studies, 2016)
- Seton Hall University School of Law, (J.D., 2019)
- Wasson, Andrew, and Kiersten Fowler. “When the ‘States’ Come Marching-In: The Bayh-Dole Act's Effect on IP Rights of COVID-Related Patents and Knowledge Ecology International's Involvement.” Haug Partners, 15 Sept. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/when-the-states-come-marching-in-the-bayh-dole-acts-effect-on-ip-rights-of-covid-related-patents-and-knowledge-ecology-internationals-involvement/.
- Murphy, Brian, and Kiersten Fowler. “Security People, Inc. v. Iancu, 2019-2118, 2020 WL 4873762 (Fed. Cir. Aug. 20, 2020).” Haug Partners, 1 Sept. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/security-people-inc-v-iancu-2019-2118-2020-wl-4873762-fed-cir-aug-20-2020/.
- New York
- New York City Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association