Ms. Murphy’s experience in overseeing complex, multi-defendant patent litigations—from pre-suit investigation through appeal—has provided her the skill set necessary to develop and execute successful case strategies.
Elizabeth Murphy is a partner in the New York office of Haug Partners LLP who practices patent litigation, primarily in the area of pharmaceuticals and cases arising under the Hatch-Waxman Act. Ms. Murphy has represented clients before federal district courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Her practice draws from a broad range of experience in all stages of litigation, from pre-suit investigation through trial and appeal. Ms. Murphy has held key responsibilities in managing day-to-day litigation work, preparing witnesses for deposition and trial, handling pre- and post-trial submissions, and developing case and trial strategy. In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Murphy also has experience in counseling related to regulatory matters, licensing, and due diligence for corporate transactions.
- Shire Development LLC, et al. v. Cadila Healthcare Limited, et al., No. 1:10-cv-00581-KAJ
- Shire Development LLC, et al. v. Osmotica Kereskedelmi és Szolgáltató Kft, et al., No. 1:12-cv-00904-AT
- Shire Development LLC, et al. v. Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., et al., No. 0:12-cv-60862-DMM
- Shire Development LLC, et al. v. Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc., et al., No. 8:12-cv-01190-JSM-AEP
- Murphy, Liz. “H.R. 3309, The Innovation Act.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 6 Dec. 2013, www.haugpartners.com/article/h-r-3309-the-innovation-act/.
- Cornell University, (B.A., Biological Sciences)
- Brooklyn Law School, (J.D.)
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- New York State Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers