Michael J. HarrisAssociate
Michael’s background in the sciences complements his knowledge of the law, and assists him in effectively tackling many of the complex legal issues facing his innovative clients.
Michael J. Harris is an associate in the New York office of Haug Partners, where his practice focuses primarily on intellectual property litigation. His background in the sciences complements his knowledge of the law, and assists him in effectively tackling many of the complex legal issues facing his innovative clients.
Michael graduated from Boston College Law School, where he served as a writer and editor for the Boston College Intellectual Property and Technology Forum. Before joining the Firm as an associate, Michael participated in the New York Pro Bono Scholars Program, during which he worked with the Microenterprise Project at Volunteers of Legal Service, providing pro bono legal services to New York City small businesses. He brings with him to the Firm a passion for the law and commitment to protecting and enforcing the rights of all of his clients.
- Roper, Andrew, and Michael Harris. “Standing to Appeal Post-Grant Proceedings: A Brief Review of Recent Federal Circuit Opinions.” Haug Partners, 15 Apr. 2021, www.haugpartners.com/article/standing-to-appeal-post-grant-proceedings-a-brief-review-of-recent-federal-circuit-opinions/.
- Roper, Andrew, and Michael Harris. “Vectura Ltd. v. GlaxoSmithKline LLC: Federal Circuit Panel Affirms Vectura's $90 Million Damages Award.” Haug Partners, 1 Dec. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/vectura-ltd-v-glaxosmithkline-llc-federal-circuit-panel-affirms-vecturas-90-million-damages-award/.
- Sacred Heart University (B.S., summa cum laude, Biological Sciences, 2016)
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2020)
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association