Michael J. HarrisAssociate
Michael’s scientific background, combined with his passion for the law, allows him to effectively tackle the complex legal issues facing his life science clients.
Michael J. Harris is an associate in the New York office of Haug Partners, where his practice focuses primarily on intellectual property litigation. As a law student, Mr. Harris gained in-depth knowledge of U.S. intellectual property law, as well as practical experience in patent litigation and prosecution. His background in the life sciences, including participation in numerous research projects, complements his knowledge of the law, and allows him to effectively tackle the complex legal issues facing his life science clients.
Michael graduated from Boston College Law School, where he served as a writer and editor for the Boston College Intellectual Property and Technology Forum. He also participated in the New York Pro Bono Scholars Program, allowing him to spend his final semester of law school doing pro bono work with the Microenterprise Project at Volunteers of Legal Service. Prior to starting law school, Michael graduated summa cum laude from Sacred Heart University, where he received his Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences. As an undergraduate student, Michael participated in multiple research projects, including a study of the development and progression of the neurodegenerative disease Spinocerebellar Ataxia in the Department of Pharmacology at Yale University School of Medicine.
- Roper, Andrew, and Michael Harris. “Standing to Appeal Post-Grant Proceedings: A Brief Review of Recent Federal Circuit Opinions.” Haug Partners, 15 Apr. 2021, www.haugpartners.com/article/standing-to-appeal-post-grant-proceedings-a-brief-review-of-recent-federal-circuit-opinions/.
- Roper, Andrew, and Michael Harris. “Vectura Ltd. v. GlaxoSmithKline LLC: Federal Circuit Panel Affirms Vectura's $90 Million Damages Award.” Haug Partners, 1 Dec. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/vectura-ltd-v-glaxosmithkline-llc-federal-circuit-panel-affirms-vecturas-90-million-damages-award/.
- Sacred Heart University (B.S., summa cum laude, Biological Sciences, 2016)
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2020)
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association