Michael D’Angelo’s seven years as a Patent Examiner provides him with an intimate understanding of USPTO practice. He utilizes this insider experience to provide clients with a unique perspective on acquiring and preserving intellectual property rights.
Michael D’Angelo is an associate in the New York office of Haug Partners. Mr. D’Angelo's practice area is primarily in patent prosecution. He draws upon his seven years of experience as a patent examiner at the USPTO where he attained the title of primary examiner.
His examination field included medical devices and in vivo diagnostics in vascular, analyte, respiratory and brain testing, with a specialization in wearable sensing technology. His experience as a patent examiner enables him to apply knowledge from the inner workings of the Patent Office to his current practices.
This industry experience provides Mr. D’Angelo with a personal understanding of how to tackle unique issues for his clients.
- Giove, Nick, and Mike D'Angelo. “Intendis GmbH v. Glenmark Pharm. Inc., No. 2015-1902.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 16 May 2016, www.haugpartners.com/article/intendis-gmbh-v-glenmark-pharm-inc-no-2015-1902/.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, (B.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2008)
- Brooklyn Law School, (J.D., 2015)
- New York
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association