Ralph E. LabatonAssociate
Mr. Labaton’s diverse experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex litigation matters provides his clients a unique, multi-dimensional perspective when responding to their needs.
Ralph E. Labaton is an associate in the New York office of Haug Partners, where he focuses on antitrust litigation and other complex litigation matters. He has significant experience litigating class actions across multiple industries, including reverse payment or “pay-for-delay” pharmaceutical actions.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Labaton was an associate at a national litigation firm where he represented institutional investors, businesses, and consumers in complex antitrust, securities, and data privacy litigation. While in law school, Mr. Labaton worked as a legal intern for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the Division of Enforcement, and completed a fellowship with the Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project.
Mr. Labaton earned his J.D. from Cornell Law School (2016) with a concentration in Business Law & Regulation, where he was the Vice President of the Mock Trial Board and a Co-Founder of The Louis D. Brandeis Center for Human Rights Under Law. Mr. Labaton also earned the CALI Award for Excellence for his efforts in the Securities Law Clinic, where he represented investors in FINRA arbitration proceedings. Mr. Labaton earned his B.B.A., cum laude, from Baruch College, Zicklin School of Business (2013).
Mr. Labaton also devotes his time to community efforts, including serving as a Member of the Young Professionals Committee of Friends of Jerusalem College of Technology.
- Achieved substantial injunctive relief and financial benefit for a class of homeowners, fixing a website vulnerability prior to a data breach.
- Recovered a $19.5 million settlement for investors in an energy and power company relating to the company’s claims regarding the value and growth prospects of its renewable energy segment.
- David Shotlander and Ralph E. Labaton, “FDA And FTC To Scrutinize Biologics Competition” Haug Partners LLP, February 6, 2020, https://www.haugpartners.com/article/fda-and-ftc-to-scrutinize-biologics-competition/.
- Cornell Law School, (J.D., 2016)
- Baruch College, Zicklin School of Business (B.B.A., cum laude, 2013)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association