Tiffany represents life science, pharmaceutical, and technology companies in intellectual property and commercial disputes.
Tiffany Jang is an associate in the Boston office of Haug Partners LLP, where she specializes in intellectual property, regulatory, and commercial matters. Her experience includes representing life science, pharmaceutical, and technology companies in intellectual property and commercial disputes; inter partes review proceedings; validity and freedom-to-operate opinion work; intellectual property due diligence work in connection with M&As; and patent portfolio development and management. She has also worked with clients on transactional and FDA regulatory matters, including R&D collaboration agreements, patent licenses, patent term extension, and Orange Book listings.
Tiffany received her J.D. from Duke University School of Law, where she served on the Executive Board of Duke Law and Technology Review. She was also a Judicial Intern for the late Honorable David W. Daniel, U.S. Magistrate Judge in the Eastern District of North Carolina. Tiffany graduated magna cum laude from Emory University with a B.S. in Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology. At Emory, she was a member of a research group that investigated the roles of BDNF and NT4/5 in axon regeneration following peripheral nerve injury.
- AbbVie Endocrine Inc. v. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, No. 2020-0953 (Del. Ch.)
- “FDA Acting Commissioner of Food and Drugs Seeks Collaboration between FDA and USPTO to Address Pharmaceutical Patent-Related Matters Affecting Competition.” Haug Partners, 11 Oct. 2021, https://www.haugpartners.com/article/fda-acting-commissioner-of-food-and-drugs-seeks-collaboration-between-fda-and-uspto-to-address-pharmaceutical-patent-related-matters-affecting-competition/.
- “Federal Circuit Clarifies the Scope of Its Jurisdiction Over Walker Process Antitrust Claims in Chandler. v. Phoenix Services LLC.” Haug Partners, 24 June 2021, https://www.haugpartners.com/article/federal-circuit-clarifies-the-scope-of-its-jurisdiction-over-walker-process-antitrust-claims-in-chandler-v-phoenix-services-llc/.
- “A Look Back at Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies at the Food and Drug Administration in 2020: Year in Review.” Food and Drug Law Institute Update Magazine, Winter 2020 Issue, 11 Dec. 2020, https://www.fdli.org/2020/12/a-look-back-at-risk-evaluation-and-mitigation-strategies-at-the-food-and-drug-administration-in-2020-year-in-review/.
- “AbbVie Defeats Novel Antitrust Claims Against Humira Patent Estate - Lessons Learned.” Bloomberg Law, 16 July 2020, https://news.bloomberglaw.com/mergers-and-antitrust/insight-abbvie-defeats-novel-antitrust-claims-against-humira-patent-estate-lessons-learned.
- “New District Of Massachusetts Local Rules.” BPLA Newsletter, Boston Patent Law Association, 29 Aug. 2018, https://bpla.readz.com/summer2018-newsletter.
- Emory University, B.S., Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Women in Bio - Greater Boston (Programs Committee, 2017 – 2018; Membership Committee Co-Chair – 2019-present)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts
- Boston Patent Law Association