At Haug Partners we approach each matter with the goal to provide the best possible solution for a client’s business needs, recognizing that every legal or compliance concern exists as part of a larger business landscape. Providing legal counsel to the hospitality and leisure industry requires an experienced and knowledgeable law firm with an understanding of the many inter-related requirements necessary for a successful business.
The attorneys of Haug Partners possess a vast quantity of collective knowledge and experience in providing legal services to clients in the hospitality industry. We bring together a multidisciplinary team of attorneys with extensive experience in supporting our clients’ business expansion and branding initiatives, commercial licensing and other contractual arrangements, distributorship programs and other aspects of vertical distribution, as well as business development opportunities.
Among the areas in which we regularly provide our clients with creative and integrated advice are:
- Intellectual Property. In supporting our clients' business expansion and branding initiatives, our patent and trademark lawyers not only maintain our clients' domestic and international trademark and patent portfolios, they also advise on general marketing practices and advertising issues and enforce our clients' rights to be free of intellectual property infringement.
- Antitrust and Trade Practices. Our antitrust and trade regulation attorneys provide vertical antitrust counseling and compliance programs in areas as diverse as pricing, the Robinson-Patman Act, tying, exclusive dealing, use of intellectual property, and unfair and deceptive practices generally, including for those clients with dominant market positions.
- Contracts. Integrated with the above disciplines, insight into the contractual and common law issues impacting ongoing management of vertical programs.
- Litigation, Arbitration and ADR. Vertical distribution relationships are inherently dispute ridden, particularly at the end of the relationship. Our attorneys are experienced in helping clients resolve disputes in areas as diverse as termination litigation; defense of FTC, state and other investigations; RICO, antitrust and unfair trade practices; fraud; vicarious liability; and enforcement of noncompetition provisions. Importantly when considering the best interest of our clients, our litigators will attempt to settle matters prior to the institution of formal proceedings and to structure internal dispute resolution programs to minimize the risk of litigation.
- Entertainment Law. Many businesses in the hospitality industry – hotels, restaurants, bars or large venues – routinely encounter legal issues surrounding the use of music, video, live performers and other similar entertainment law issues. We serve the interdisciplinary legal needs of those engaging the services of artists, entertainers and owners of intellectual property. Our attorneys that provide services in entertainment law are experienced in both the traditional areas of entertainment law, as well as digital and new media.