At Haug Partners, we approach each matter with the goal of providing the best possible solution to a client’s business needs, recognizing that every legal or compliance concern exists as part of a larger business landscape. Providing legal counsel to the hospitality and leisure industries requires a law firm with an understanding of the many interrelated requirements necessary for the operation of a successful business.
Our attorneys are deeply experienced in providing legal services to clients in the hospitality industry. We bring together a fully-integrated multidisciplinary team of attorneys to support our clients’ business expansion and branding initiatives, commercial licensing and other contractual arrangements, distributorship programs and other aspects of vertical distribution, and business development opportunities. We aim to provide creative, cost-effective, and comprehensive legal solutions to our clients in the hospitality industry.
Our areas of focus include:
- Intellectual Property. In supporting our clients' business expansion and branding initiatives, our patent and trademark attorneys not only maintain our clients' domestic and international trademark and patent portfolios, they also advise on general marketing practices and advertising issues and enforce our clients' right to be free from infringement and to maximize the value of their brands.
- Antitrust and Trade Practices. Our antitrust and trade regulation attorneys provide vertical antitrust counseling and compliance programs in areas as diverse as pricing, the Robinson-Patman Act, tying, exclusive dealing, and unfair and deceptive practices generally, including for those clients with dominant market positions.
- Contracts. We provide counseling related to the contractual and common law issues potentially impacting ongoing management of vertical programs.
- Litigation, Arbitration and ADR. Vertical distribution relationships are inherently dispute-ridden, particularly toward the end. Our attorneys are experienced in helping our clients in the hospitality and leisure industries resolve disputes in areas as diverse as termination litigation, government and internal investigations, antitrust counseling, and enforcement of non-compete provisions. Our experienced litigators are adept at managing complex cases and settling matters to the legal and financial benefit of our clients.
- Entertainment Law. Many businesses in the hospitality industry – hotels, restaurants, bars and other large venues – routinely encounter legal issues related to the use of music, video, and live performers. We serve the legal needs of clients who engage the services of artists, entertainers, and intellectual property owners.